Don’t forget the Shutdown day on Saturday, March 24th.
Take a book, make something to eat and SLEEP for god’s sake.
more about the Shutdown day can be found at their official Site
The Shutdown Day
here are five suggestions on what to do that day
1.Clean, Remove and Organize your bookmarks.
I don’t know about you, but i usually just click “bookmark this page”
and let it sit for a year or two. last time I’ve checked, when i tried to
scroll down the bookmarks list it took me almost 13 seconds (!!)
if you haven’t visited a site in a month, it’s just not important.
2. Delete programs you don’t use (that include Windows itself). Why
delete them when you have plenty of space on the drive? Because it
makes things like Scandisk and Defrag run faster. It might not make
your PC run faster (as you probably use Windows the first place) but
you’ll feel good knowing you aren’t wasting space.
3. Unplug your PC, take the cover off and clean out the dust. Invest in
some canned air. Heat is a PC’s enemy and even in a clean
environment, cooling fans suck dust through every opening and it
builds up fast. If you have pets, do it once a month. I’ve cleaned
enough dust and animal hair to create a small wig.
4. Save yourself some time and write your next blog post. if you’re
using Blog client (i.e. BlogDesk) just write and afe. if not, then just
to a Doc,simple text file or (God Forbid) piece of paper and format it
5. Run maintenance programs, Reclaim your harddrive lost space to make
your PC run smoother and Faster
6. Write down all your logins and passwords for all your sites, blogs,
email accounts, Google account, digg account, Instant Messenger(s),
account where you bought your domain from,Adsense and other
Affiliate programs, basically create a hard copy of all the key
information you use for your daily online world
so if something should happen to you your spouse or significant
other will need that information.
When you’re done with those, put the information somewhere safe
like a safety deposit box or a fire resistant safe and let people that
may need those details where it is kept
If all fail and you find nothing else to do, do yourself a favor. Go
Outside the house.. reclaim your life and your friends.. it’s been a
while since you felt the sun heat, you’re already white as a gecko,
and thats pretty white.. even for a lizard.
- Windows XP tip of the day
- How to deal with Spywares
- What to do if you’re PC overheats and shuts down-which software can help?
- Making money online – May 2007
- Fixing Windows using a Live Linux CD – part three