Isn’t it amazing? Asstroturf Media refuses to admit Microsoft has ever done anything wrong, ever, and yet when you bring up their competitor, they start comparing it to Microsoft as a negative. For that matter, ever notice how nobody complained about how Google’s search works… until suddenly their competitor launched a toy search engine whose name shall not be mentioned here (rhymes with “sting”). And then there’s the chair-throwing tantrum when Ballmer said he was going to kill Google… and then Department of Justice chief Christine Varney blinked her solenoids and nodded her little tin head and said “Y.E.S. M.A.S.T.E.R.” in her best GlaDOS voice and announced that she’s going after Google for anti-trust.
For what? To make them pay everybody back for using their search engine for free for the past ten years?
The Register is the latest to dump on Google for no reason. Reminiscent of the way 9/11, the Iraq War, and the financial collapse suddenly became Obama’s fault the minute he took office, Asstroturf Media is trying to make all the negative actions of Microsoft stick to Google, through the magic of lies and propaganda.
Because the wave of Googlenoia is cresting high, showing that the propaganda campaign is doing its job, I’d like to point out why it is dumb to think that Google can ever assume Microsoft’s place as the most hated technology company in history:
1. Bill Gates was born rich, Sergey Brin and Larry Page worked their way up.
2. Bill Gates made it on family connections, Brin and Page did it on their own.
3. Google innovates like crazy, second only to Apple in the rate of new wonders to come out of the laboratory. Microsoft is a vampire which sucks the innovation out of everyone else by buying them out, while neither inventing nor contributing anything of their own.
4. Microsoft still controls 90% of the world’s computers, by abusing its strangle-hold on OEM manufacturers. Google doesn’t even get 50% of the world’s search traffic, and what arrangements it does have is being the default search bar in a couple of web browsers.
5. If you want to switch from using Google to using a competitor, nothing stops you. Microsoft is designed from the first byte of code to be an inescapable electronic prison.
6. When Google enters a new market, it’s because there was consumer demand for them to enter it. When Microsoft enters a new market, it’s because Microsoft got greedier.
7. Google choses to base its platform on Free/Open Source software. Freedom is to Microsoft what garlic is to a vampire.
- More of Bill Gates’ Legacy – a Link List
- Oracle and Sun – Finally, Somebody Might Pull Ahead of Bill Gates!
- 8 Ways for Searching the Dark Web – Beyond Google!
- Google vs Microsoft – the Search Battle
- Google and the Concept of a Landing Page